Are you on the hunt for the best podcasts for men? It’s kind of overwhelming, isn’t it? There are literally thousands of podcasts that cater to men’s interests. From fitness and health to dating and relationships to business and personal development, there’s something out there for everyone.
A few of the best podcasts for men include:
- The Knowledge Project: This podcast is great for men who want to think more clearly and make better decisions. Hosted by Shane Parrish, it features interviews with experts in various fields who share their insights on how to live a more fulfilling life.
- The Art of Manliness: This podcast is all about helping men become better men. Hosted by Brett McKay, it features interviews with experts on a variety of topics, from fitness and health to relationships and career.
- The Tim Ferriss Show: This podcast is great for men who want to learn from the world’s top performers. Hosted by none other than Tim Ferriss, it features interviews with experts in a variety of fields, from business and finance to sports and entertainment.
The sheer volume of available podcasts can make it difficult – even exhausting – to choose which ones you’ll plug into and which ones you’ll give a hard pass.
Hopefully, this list of some of the best podcasts for men will guide you in the right direction. So, brew some coffee, pop in those ear buds, and get comfortable.
The Importance of Podcasts for Men
As a man, you should always be looking for ways to improve yourself and stay informed about the world around you. Podcasts are a great way to do that. They offer a convenient and easy way to consume content on a variety of topics, from politics and business to health and fitness.
More importantly, podcasts can help you be more conscious about the content you consume. Many men are doom-scrolling internet forums, obsessing over air-brushed women on Instagram, watching porn, or playing video games. These things are all a colossal waste of time.
Many podcasts, however, offer valuable information that you can use to positively transform your life.
Because podcasts are available on demand, you can listen to them while driving, working out, or doing chores around the house. As such, they are a great way to make better use of your time.
Podcasts can also be a great way to connect with other like-minded individuals. Many podcasts have a strong community of listeners who engage with each other on social media or through the podcast’s website. This can be a great way to find new friends or even new business partners. This is particularly good for men, because men are lonelier than ever.
Additionally, podcasts offer a wide range of perspectives on any given topic. You can find podcasts hosted by experts in their field, as well as those hosted by everyday people who have a unique perspective to offer. This diversity of thought can help you gain a deeper understanding of a topic and broaden your own perspective.
Overall, podcasts are a great way for men to stay informed, learn new skills, and connect with others. With so many great podcasts available, there is sure to be something out there for everyone.
Choosing the Right Podcast for You
Again, the overwhelming number of podcasts out there can make it difficult to choose the right one for you. While we hope you’ll the recommendations in this post to heart, here are some tips to help you find a podcast that will be both enjoyable and beneficial for you as a man:
1. Identify Your Interests
The first step in choosing a podcast is to identify your interests. Do you want to learn about personal finance? Are you interested in fitness and health? Do you enjoy interviews with successful people? Want to improve your dating life?Once you have identified your interests, you can search for podcasts that cover those topics.
2. Consider the Host
Obviously, the host of a podcast has a big impact on the overall quality of the show. Look for hosts who are knowledgeable, engaging, and have a clear passion for the topic they are discussing. You may also want to consider the host’s personality and whether or not you vibe with it.
3. Check the Format
Podcasts come in a variety of formats, including interviews, monologues, and panel discussions. Consider what format you find most engaging and look for podcasts with that style.
4. Read Reviews
Before committing to a podcast, you can read reviews from other listeners. This can give you an idea of the overall quality of the show, as well as any potential drawbacks.
5. Give It a Listen
Of course, the best way to determine if a podcast is right for you is to simply give it a listen. Check out a few episodes and see if it resonates with you. If it doesn’t, move on to the next one on your list.
PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT PODCASTS
If you’re looking to grow holistically as a person, these podcasts might be perfect options for you. They provide actionable strategies for personal development and transformation.
Here are some of the best personal development podcasts for men:
The Art of Manliness
The Art of Manliness is a podcast that covers a wide range of topics related to personal development. Hosted by Brett McKay, the podcast aims to help men become better husbands, fathers, and people. The podcast covers a wide range of topics like fitness, relationships, and career development.
- “How to Be a Stoic,” which explores the ancient philosophy of stoicism and how it can be applied to modern life.
- “How to Build a Successful Morning Routine,” which provides tips and strategies for starting your day off right.
The School of Greatness
The School of Greatness is hosted by former football player-turned-influencer Lewis Howes. The podcast is focused on helping individuals achieve their full potential in all areas of life. Howes interviews a wide range of guests, including entrepreneurs, athletes, and authors.
- “The Power of Vulnerability,” which explores the importance of vulnerability in relationships and personal development.
- “The Habits of High Performers,” which provides insights into the habits and routines of successful people.
The Men’s Self-Help Podcast
This podcast is perfect for men who are looking to improve their mental health and wellbeing. Hosted by Dr. John Moore, a licensed therapist and coach, the podcast covers a wide range of topics related to men’s health, including stress, anxiety, relationships, and more. Dr. Moore offers offers practical advice and tips to help men improve their mental health and live happier, more fulfilling lives.
- “How to Manage Stress Like a Pro”
- “The Importance of Self-Care for Men.”
The Tim Ferriss Show
The Tim Ferriss Show is a podcast hosted by the one and only Tim Ferriss. On the podcast, Ferris tries to “deconstruct the habits, routines, and strategies of successful people.” Ferriss interviews a wide range of remarkable guests, including entrepreneurs, authors, and intellectuals.
- “Jack Kornfield — How to Reduce Anxiety & Polish the Lens of Consciousness”
- “Kevin Kelly — Excellent Advice for Living”
- “Profession John Vervaeke – How to Build a Life of Wisdom, Flow, and Contemplation”
The Knowledge Project
This podcast is great for men who want to think more clearly and make better decisions. Hosted by Shane Parrish, it features interviews with experts in various fields who share their insights on how to live a more fulfilling life.
- “How to Read a Book”
- “The Power of Negative Thinking”
- “The Art of Decision Making”
OTHER PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT PODCASTS [HONORABLE MENTIONS]:
- Modern Wisdom
- The Diary of a CEO
- The Ed Mylett Show
HEALTH & FITNESS PODCASTS
When it comes to fitness, there are a lot of great podcasts out there that can help you stay motivated, learn new exercises, and get expert advice on everything from nutrition to weightlifting. Here are two of the best fitness podcasts for men:
THE MEN’S HEALTH PODCAST
The Men’s Health Podcast is a great resource for men who want to stay on top of their fitness game. Hosted by Men’s Health editor-in-chief Richard Dorment, the podcast features interviews with experts in the field of fitness, nutrition, and wellness. Each episode is packed with actionable tips and advice that you can use to improve your health and fitness.
- “The 10-Minute Cardio Fix” – In this episode, Dorment talks to Men’s Health fitness director Ebenezer Samuel about how to get an effective cardio workout in just 10 minutes.
- “The Best Time to Eat Carbs” – In this episode, Dorment talks to Men’s Health nutrition advisor Mike Roussell about the best time to eat carbs for maximum energy and weight loss.
- “The Benefits of Cold Showers” – In this episode, Dorment talks to Men’s Health contributor Markham Heid about the surprising benefits of taking cold showers.
The Dumbbells is a fun and informative fitness podcast hosted by comedians Eugene Cordero and Ryan Stanger. The podcast is all about helping listeners achieve their fitness goals in a way that’s both entertaining and informative. Each episode features a guest who shares their own fitness journey and offers tips and advice for staying motivated and reaching your goals.
- “The Mental Game” – In this episode, Cordero and Stanger talk to mental health expert Dr. Drew Ramsey about the importance of mental health in fitness.
- “The Fit Bottomed Girls” – In this episode, Cordero and Stanger talk to the founders of the popular fitness website Fit Bottomed Girls about their own fitness journeys and offer tips and advice for staying motivated.
- “The Power of Yoga” – In this episode, Cordero and Stanger talk to yoga instructor and author Jessamyn Stanley about the benefits of yoga for both physical and mental health.
MIND PUMP: RAW FITNESS TRUTH
Mind Pump: Raw Fitness Truth is a podcast hosted by fitness experts Sal Di Stefano, Adam Schafer, and Justin Andrews. The podcast covers a wide range of topics related to fitness, including weightlifting, nutrition, and supplements. Each episode is packed with practical advice and tips that you can use to improve your own fitness routine.
- “The Truth About Cardio” – In this episode, the hosts discuss the pros and cons of cardio and offer tips for incorporating it into your fitness routine.
- “The Benefits of Fasting” – In this episode, the hosts talk about the benefits of fasting for weight loss and overall health.
- “The Science of Sleep” – In this episode, the hosts discuss the importance of sleep for fitness and offer tips for getting a better night’s sleep.
When it comes to business podcasts, there are a lot of options out there. Here are a few of the best ones that can help you level up your business game:
THE GARYVEE AUDIO EXPERIENCE
Gary Vaynerchuk is a serial entrepreneur, author, and speaker who has built up an empire around his personal brand. His podcast, The GaryVee Audio Experience, is a must-listen for anyone who wants to learn how to hustle and grind their way to success.
The podcast covers a wide range of topics related to business, marketing, and entrepreneurship, and features interviews with a variety of successful people from different industries. One of the things that makes this podcast so great is Gary’s no-nonsense approach to business. He tells it like it is and doesn’t sugar-coat anything, which can be refreshing in a world where so many people are trying to sell you on the idea that success is easy.
- “The 5 Core Beliefs of Winning Teams” – In this episode, Gary breaks down the five key beliefs that he thinks are essential for any winning team.
- “The Future of Social Media Marketing” – In this episode, Gary talks about the future of social media marketing and shares his thoughts on where the industry is headed.
- “The Most Important Word Ever” – In this episode, Gary talks about the importance of empathy in business and why it’s the most important word you’ll ever hear.
HOW IT BUILT THIS
How I Built This is a podcast that features interviews with some of the world’s most successful entrepreneurs. Hosted by Guy Raz, the podcast explores the stories behind some of the biggest brands and companies in the world, and how their founders built them from scratch.
One of the things that sets this podcast apart is the depth of the interviews. Guy Raz does an excellent job of getting his guests to open up and share the real, often messy, stories behind their success. If you’re looking for inspiration and insights from some of the world’s most successful entrepreneurs, this is definitely a podcast worth checking out.
- “Bumble: Whitney Wolfe Herd” – In this episode, Guy interviews Whitney Wolfe Herd, the founder of the dating app Bumble, and learns about her journey from being ousted from Tinder to building a billion-dollar company.
- “Patagonia: Yvon Chouinard” – In this episode, Guy interviews Yvon Chouinard, the founder of Patagonia, and learns about his unconventional approach to business and his commitment to environmentalism.
- “Airbnb: Joe Gebbia” – In this episode, Guy interviews Joe Gebbia, one of the co-founders of Airbnb, and learns about the early days of the company and how they turned it into a global phenomenon.
MY FIRST MILLION
My First Million is a podcast that’s all about entrepreneurship and making money. Hosted by Shaan Puri and Sam Parr, the podcast features interviews with successful entrepreneurs and investors, as well as discussions about business ideas and trends.
One of the things that makes this podcast so great is the chemistry between Shaan and Sam. They have a great rapport and play off each other really well, which makes for some entertaining and informative conversations. If you’re looking for a podcast that’s both fun and informative, this is definitely one to check out.
- “The Millionaire Who Bought an Entire Ghost Town” – In this episode, Shaan and Sam interview Brent Underwood, a millionaire who bought an entire ghost town in California and turned it into a tourist destination.
- “The 7-Figure E-Commerce Business That Started as a Side Hustle” – In this episode, Shaan and Sam interview the founders of a successful e-commerce business and learn about how they turned a side hustle into a seven-figure business.
- “The 23-Year-Old Who Built a $100 Million Business in 2 Years” – In this episode, Shaan and Sam interview the founder of a successful e-commerce company and learn about how he built a $100 million business in just two years.
OTHER BUSINESSS PODCASTS [HONORABLE MENTIONS]:
- Entrepreneurs on Fire with John Lee Dumas
- Masters of Scale
- Startup Stories
MENTAL HEALTH PODCASTS
If you’re looking for podcasts that address mental health issues, you’re in luck. There are many great podcasts that focus on mental health, and we’ve rounded up some of the best ones for men. Here are a few podcasts that you should definitely check out:
The Hilarious World of Depression
If you’re looking for a podcast that takes a lighthearted approach to a serious topic, The Hilarious World of Depression is the one for you. Hosted by John Moe, this podcast features interviews with comedians who have struggled with depression. The podcast is funny, relatable, and informative. It’s a great way to learn more about depression and how to cope with it.
Notable episodes include:
- “Wil Wheaton Is Really Hoping It’s All Worth It”
- “Aimee Mann Can’t Complain”
- “Peter Sagal Runs Toward the Light”
The Anxiety Guy Podcast
The Anxiety Guy Podcast is a great resource for men who struggle with anxiety. Hosted by Dennis Simsek, this podcast provides practical tips and advice for managing anxiety. Simsek draws on his own experiences with anxiety to provide listeners with insights into the condition. The podcast is informative, relatable, and empowering.
- “Why You Can’t Control Your Thoughts”
- “The 5 Triggers of Anxiety”
- “How to Overcome Panic Attacks”
The One You Feed
The One You Feed is a podcast that explores the intersection of spirituality and mental health. Hosted by Eric Zimmer and Chris Forbes, this podcast features interviews with experts in the fields of psychology, spirituality, and self-help. The podcast is informative, thought-provoking, and inspiring.
- “Brené Brown on Empathy, Vulnerability, and Overcoming Shame”
- “Dr. Rick Hanson on Hardwiring Happiness”
- “Dr. Judson Brewer on Addiction and Mindfulness”
The Mental Illness Happy Hour
The Mental Illness Happy Hour is a podcast that aims to destigmatize mental illness. Hosted by Paul Gilmartin, this podcast features interviews with people who have struggled with mental illness. The podcast is honest, raw, and relatable. It’s a great way to learn more about mental illness and how to support those who are struggling with it.
- “Maria Bamford”
- “Dax Shepard”
- “W. Kamau Bell”
These podcasts are a great way for men to learn more about mental health and how to cope with mental illness. They provide practical tips, insights, and inspiration. Check them out and see which ones resonate with you.
DATING & RELATIONSHIP PODCASTS
When it comes to dating and relationships, finding advice from trusted sources can be a game-changer. Here are three of the best podcasts for men that provide valuable insights into the world of dating and relationships.
The Art of Charm
The Art of Charm podcast is hosted by AJ and Johnny, who share their knowledge and experience to help men improve their social skills and relationships. The podcast covers a wide range of topics, from dating and relationships to personal development and entrepreneurship.
The Art of Charm is great for men who want to improve their confidence and social intelligence. The hosts provide practical tips and advice that can be applied to real-life situations.
- “How to Make Friends as an Adult”
- “How to Be a High-Value Man”
- “How to Build a Social Circle”
The Mountain Top
The Mountain Top is a podcast hosted by Scot McKay, who helps men become better versions of themselves in all areas of life. The podcast focuses on dating and relationships, but also covers topics such as fitness, career success, and personal growth.
- “How to Attract Women with Online Dating”
- “The Secret to Being a High-Value Man”
- “How to Get Over Your Fear of Rejection”
The Dating Den
The Dating Den is a podcast hosted by Marni Battista, who is a dating and relationship expert. The podcast is designed to help men and women find love and create healthy relationships.
The Dating Den great for men who want to understand women better and learn how to build strong, lasting relationships. The host provides practical advice and insights that can help men navigate the complexities of dating and intimacy.
- “The Secret to Attracting a High-Quality Woman”
- “How to Know is She’s the One”
- “How to Get Over Your Ex for Good”
OTHER DATING & RELATIONSHIP PODCASTS [HONORABLE MENTIONS]:
- Dating Transformation with Connell Barrett
- Where Should We Begin? with Esther Perel
- How to Talk to Girls with Tripp Kramer
Looking for a podcast to provide you with some entertainment? Look no further than these top picks for men.
The Joe Rogan Experience
The Joe Rogan Experience is a podcast hosted by comedian and UFC commentator Joe Rogan. The show features a wide range of guests, from comedians to scientists to athletes, and covers a variety of topics including current events, science, and culture. The podcast is known for its long-form conversations, often lasting two to three hours, which allows for a deep dive into the guest’s area of expertise.
Why it’s great for men: The Joe Rogan Experience provides a platform for men to explore a variety of topics and perspectives, from the latest science news to discussions on masculinity and mental health. It’s a great way to expand your knowledge and challenge your thinking.
- Elon Musk on Tesla, SpaceX, and the Future of Humanity
- David Goggins on Overcoming Depression, Mastering Pain, and Becoming the Toughest Man Alive
- Jordan Peterson on Rules for Life, Psychedelics, The Bible, and Much More
Bill Burr’s Monday Morning Podcast
Bill Burr’s Monday Morning Podcast is a weekly podcast hosted by comedian Bill Burr. The show features Burr’s musings on current events, pop culture, and his personal life. Burr’s humor is often irreverent and politically incorrect, making for a hilarious and entertaining listen.
- If you love Bill Burr, they’re all notable.
Armchair Expert is a juggernaut of a podcast hosted by Dax Shephard and Monica Padman. Together, Dax and Monica interview a vast array of celebrities (actors, musicians, athletes) and experts (authors, scientists, professors), and go refreshingly deep in every conversation. New episodes are released on Mondays and Thursdays.
On Fridays, Dax and Monica host Armchair Anonymous, during which listeners (known as “Armcherries”) call in and share some of their craziest stories.
- “David Letterman”
- “David Sedaris”
- “Bill Gates”
- “Paul Bloom”
- “David Copperfield”
OTHER ENTERTAINMENT PODCASTS [HONORABLE MENTIONS]:
- Smartless with Jason Bateman, Will Arnett, and Sean Hayes
- Heavyweight with Jonathan Goldstein
- The Adam Carolla Show
That’s a Wrap
Podcasts can be an excellent source of information, entertainment, and inspiration for men. Whether you’re looking to level up your career, improve your relationships, or simply stay informed on current events, there’s a podcast out there for you.
Some of the best podcasts for men include The Art of Manliness, The Men’s Self-Help Podcast, and The Men’s Health Podcast. Other great options include Armchair Expert, How I Built This, and My First Million.
There so many podcasts out there, it can be difficult to choose which one to put at the top of your playlist. But once you find the right podcasts for you, you can reap the rewards.
Tony Endelman is an author, blogger, entrepreneur, certified transformational life coach, certified No More Mr. Nice Guy Coach and the founder of The Integrated Man Cave.